Terms & Conditions
Welcome to Blue Dot Water! We are delighted that you have chosen to support our locally owned and operated Nevada business! We are committed to your satisfaction and enjoyment of our products. Please take a moment to find out what to expect on delivery day, how to adjust or pause your service, and how to avoid supplemental bottle deposit fees.
What happens on delivery day
- Please leave your empty bottles out for our driver on delivery day. Place them in the location where you would like your full bottles delivered.
- Ensure safe access is available for our driver.
- We deliver Monday – Friday, typically between 9am – 5pm, except during busy holiday periods when this window is sometimes extended. , and are typically unable to accommodate special delivery time window requests.
- Barring a special request or Holiday, we will deliver your first order at the soonest normally scheduled day for your area.
- Your fee will be processed the day before delivery.
- Our delivery area is divided into preset days based on location. Your delivery day will always fall on the same day of the week, barring Holiday disruptions. We are in each area once per week, so you may schedule delivery in any week-based increment.
- Our minimum for order is 10 gallons per delivery.
Making changes to your order
You are welcome to change your bottle quantity and/or delivery frequency, skip a future delivery, or place your account on temporary hold. There is no fee for doing so, provided you contact us in advance, and return all bottles on hand before an extended hold to avoid a deposit:
- In order to ensure that you get the water you need, or avoid the water you
don’t need, please call at least 24-hours in advance to make changes to your order.
- Our drivers do not carry extra bottles in their vehicles, and in most cases, will not be able to provide additional water on-site.
- Refusing delivery on site will result in a $10 fee to cover our expenses.
- For health and safety reasons, once delivery has been made, we cannot accept return of any sealed or unsealed bottles of water for a refund.
Placing Your Account on Hold
We recommend placing your account on hold if you get overloaded. If you will be on hold for more than 30 days, a bottle deposit will be charged for any bottles in your possession, so you may wish to return all bottles you have on hand before extended holds. Bottle Deposit fees are retroactive.
Special deliveries to Reno or Sparks on days that fall outside of our normal delivery schedule are available for an additional $10 trip fee. We will do our best to accommodate, barring unavoidable scheduling conflicts.
Special trips to Carson City are not available.
How to avoid bottle deposit fees
Unlike most delivery companies, we do not charge initial bottle deposit fees, and there are no deposits for customers who maintain regular monthly bottle return. It’s possible to avoid deposit fees altogether by always leaving your empty bottles out for pickup on delivery day, and by skipping deliveries or adjusting frequency/quantity so as not to get overloaded.
As needed, deposits are charged retroactively when empty bottles from previous deliveries are not returned, or for bottles that are out in the field for an extended period of time. These deposits allow us to purchase new bottles to replace those that are out of delivery circulation.
We will charge a deposit under the following circumstances:
- If you forget to leave your bottles out for pickup.
- If you return less bottles than you received, and your bottle count starts to rise.
- If your account is on prolonged or indefinite hold, with bottles still in your possession.
- If you are on Infrequent (5 weeks or more) or Will-Call service.
Policy details and tips:
- Emailed invoices are a handy reminder that we will be arriving with your bottles the following day.
- Our bottle deposit fee is $10 per bottle, subject to change based on our bottle cost.
- Bottle deposits, once charged, remain on your account until you cancel your service. They serve as a floating deposit, covering the ups and downs of your bottle count. Additional deposits are charged as needed to account for increases in total bottle count at your location.
- Upon cancellation, bottle deposits are entirely refundable once your bottles are returned in good condition. Bottles must be returned within 30 days of account cancellation.
- If you are overloaded with water, please call or email us to skip a delivery or adjust quantity/frequency. This will help you to avoid deposits.
- You are welcome to keep extra emergency water on hand during your service with a bottle deposit.
- If you need to place your account on hold for a prolonged or indefinite period of time, we recommend returning all your delivery bottles first to avoid deposit fees.
- We will leave reminder cards card on your bottles when you forget to leave bottles out, as a reminder of our deposit fee.
The deposit policy in practice:
Everyone forgets to leave their bottles out now and then, and isolated non-returns for accounts in good standing are rarely assessed a deposit. They are typically applied in situations where bottle count continuously rises over the course of multiple deliveries, or when bottles are out for an extended period of time. This depletes the bottle inventory necessary to provide service to our customers, and requires that we replace our bottle inventory with new bottles. Deposits may also occur for accounts with a history of repeated non-returns, or brand new accounts that immediately fail to return bottles. Avoiding overload, and returning bottles regularly or before a prolonged hold will help to avoid these fees.
What happens if you break or lose a bottle
BPA-free bottles are not like bottles used by other delivery companies. They are very fragile. Please gently lift, handle, and set them down with care. Do not place any substances in your delivery bottles, edible or otherwise – they are for water only. Damaged, contaminated, stolen, or otherwise missing/lost bottles are the customer’s responsibility, and are subject to a replacement fee of $10 per bottle. Minor scratches and scuffs are considered normal wear.
Please leave broken bottles out with your other empties so we can remove them from your bottle count and recycle them.
Empty bottles are typically only picked up during normal water delivery service, although we will make an exception if you are located in the same neighborhood as another customer already on the schedule. Otherwise, scheduling a bottle pickup without water delivery will be assessed a Special Trip fee of $10.
Why your delivery may not arrive
Under some circumstances, our driver may not be able to complete a delivery. We will automatically retry delivery again on your next normally scheduled delivery day. If you need delivery sooner, contact us and we will add you to our next regular route for your area, which will typically be the same day on the following week. Repeated or negligent access issues that prevent delivery
may result in a fee assessed to your account to cover our delivery expenses. Common issues include:
- No Access due to construction, locked office doors, locked community gates, dangerous/icy passageways or animals, etc.
- Declined credit card/non payment. Your delivery will automatically be skipped for non-payment.
- Overloaded with water. If our driver has access to your water bottles and can monitor your bottle load, we may choose to skip your next delivery if you are getting very overloaded. This is intended to help you avoid deposit fees, and many of our customers appreciate this service. However, if you prefer that we not do this, and wish to keep the extra bottles on hand, just let us know. You can always pay a deposit for extra stock.
- Refused. If someone at the location refuses the delivery, there will be a fee assessed to your account for the trip. Please call ahead to skip your delivery if you are overloaded.
- Force Majeure.
Your account is automatically billed to the credit card on file the day before delivery. A credit card is required for service.
In the event of non-payment due to a declined credit card, you will be notified by email the day before delivery, and your service will automatically be paused. To avoid service interruption, please update your payment information online, or contact us with a new card at 775-870-9727. For your safety, please do not email credit card numbers.
Holds or Cancels
Cancelling or placing your account on hold
You may place your account on hold at any time. Holds exceeding 30 days will be charged a $10 refundable deposit for each bottle on hand. To avoid these fees, we recommend returning your bottles while on hold.
You may cancel your service at any time. A temporary holding fee of $10 per bottle will be applied to your account for any bottles in your possession at the time of cancellation. This fee is entirely refundable on return of bottles in good condition within 30 days of cancellation.
Access to Property
By signing up for service, you agree that our representatives may enter your property for the purposes of performing delivery, installation of products, bottle or equipment pickup, and/or otherwise administering your delivery account. We will perform these services in a speedy, cautious, and respectful manner.
Communication About Your Account
Email is our primary method of communication. You must have an email address in order to signup for service, and to receive your receipts and important communications about your account. The latter may include Holidays affecting your delivery schedule, impending fees, declined credit cards, major changes to our policies, etc. We never send promotional emails or other spam, so please read our emails, and add us to your Whitelist if possible!
Limitation of Liability
We disclaim any and all express or implied warranties with respect to our products and services. Our liability shall be limited to replacing defective products or re-performing services. Under no circumstance shall we be liable to you or any other party for any monetary costs, expenses, claims or other liability related to any damage, loss, or change to your personal property, home or office, or for any personal injury to you or any other person, resulting from the use of our products. You will indemnify and hold us harmless for any and all claims, damage, injury, costs, liability, expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) or other loss suffered or incurred by us in connection with this Service Agreement except for any that result from our gross negligence or misconduct.
Policies are subject to change without notice. Check back here for the latest information, and keep an eye on your emails for important changes affecting your account.
Last Updated 7/19/21